Contents on 16 April '09
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- ten observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 16 April '09
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 1 listing: 1 updated
When last checked at 2358 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had one updated listing. This was a "one nighter." So far The Tracking News has counted a total of two listings on the NEOCP at some point today.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object at Suno Observatory by Birtwhistle et al.
New MPECs on 16 April '09
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2358 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K09F44H 2009 FH44 (arc=14 days, H=22.9 ~89m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (April 12.99p2 & 13.06p2)
- Observations of other objects
- K09F44J 2009 FJ44 (arc=13 days, H=19.7 ~389m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (April 12.95-98p2)
- K09F23U 2009 FU23 (arc=22 days, H=20.0 ~339m) from Linz Obs. (April 14.86-90p4)
- K09F00T 2009 FT (arc=28 days, H=19.0 ~537m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (April 14.09-10p3)
- K09F00A 2009 FA (i=42.3°, Q=4.062 AU, arc=29 days, H=18.6 ~645m) from Marxuquera Obs. (April 14.87-89p4)
- K09D47E 2009 DE47 (arc=45 days, H=18.7 ~616m) from Schiaparelli Obs. (April 14.10-11p3)
- K09C01Q 2009 CQ1 (arc=85 days, H=20.6 ~257m) from Madonna di Dossobuono Obs. (April 14.86p3)
- K08W60L 2008 WL60 (arc=143 days, H=18.0 ~851m) from Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (April 15.64-67p10)
- K08W02N 2008 WN2 (arc=173 days, H=20.8 ~234m) from the Siding Spring Survey (SSS) (April 15.70-72p6)
- K08S11V 2008 SV11 (Q=4.511 AU, arc=2 opp, H=18.4 ~708m) from Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (April 15.56-61p9)
- K07B02T 2007 BT2 (arc=3 opp, H=17.1 ~1.29 km) from Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (April 15.49-54p9)
- K06G02Q 2006 GQ2 (arc=3 opp, H=17.9 ~891m) from SSS (April 15.62-66p4)
- K02E06L 2002 EL6 (arc=3 opp, H=18.0 ~851m) from LINEAR (April 15.40-45p5)
- K02E02Z 2002 EZ2 (arc=3 opp, H=20.0 ~339m) from Inastars Obs. (April 15.92p4)
- L2546 212546 2006 SV19 from Naef Obs. (April 14.94-96p2)
- K7398 207398 2006 AS2 from Lulin Minor Bodies Tracking (LIMIT) (Feb. 9.50-64p11)
- J8856 198856 2005 LR3 from Inastars Obs. (April 15.95-96p4)
- 35396 35396 1997 XF11 from LINEAR (April 15.19-24p5)
- 03988 3988 1986 LA from SSS (April 15.69-72p4)
- 03122 3122 Florence (1981 ET3) from LINEAR (April 15.19-23p3)
Observers on 16 April '09
Ten observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|379||Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. in Japan, 3 in MPEC 2009-H01 -- 2008 WL60, 2008 SV11, 2007 BT2|
|B15||Inastars Obs. in Germany, 2 in MPEC 2009-H01 -- 2002 EZ2, 198856|
|704||LINEAR in New Mexico, 3 in MPEC 2009-H01 -- 2002 EL6, 35396, 3122|
|540||Linz Obs. in Austria, 1 in MPEC 2009-H01 -- 2009 FU23|
|D35||Lulin Minor Bodies Tracking in Taiwan, 1 in MPEC 2009-H01 -- 207398|
|560||Madonna di Dossobuono Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2009-H01 -- 2009 CQ1|
|952||Marxuquera Obs. in Spain, 1 in MPEC 2009-H01 -- 2009 FA|
|A13||Naef Obs. in Switzerland, 1 in MPEC 2009-H01 -- 212546|
|204||Schiaparelli Obs. in Italy, 4 in MPEC 2009-H01 -- 2009 FT, 2009 FJ44, 2009 FH44, 2009 DE47|
|E12||Siding Spring Survey (SSS) in New South Wales, 3 in MPEC 2009-H01 -- 2008 WN2, 2006 GQ2, 3988|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 16 April '09
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 16 April '09
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1328||Grabbed MPEC 2009-H01 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|