Contents on 8 April '09
- Radar Astrometry -- one object
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- five observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
Radar Astrometry on 8 April '09
Radar observation of one object
Data update noted at 0107 UTC when the database was dated 7 April
NEOCP Activity on 8 April '09
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page is currently empty
The NEOCP is currently empty and hasn't been noted by The Tracking News as being active yet today (checked at 2358 UTC). It was last noted active yesterday.
New MPECs on 8 April '09
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2358 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K09F04S 2009 FS4 (small asteroid, arc=20 days, H=25.2 ~31m) from Calar Alto Obs. (April 8.12p3)
- Observations of other objects
- K09F00A 2009 FA (i=42.3°, Q=4.062 AU, arc=22 days, H=18.6 ~645m) from Grove Creek Obs. (April 7.45p2)
- K09D01L 2009 DL1 (arc=48 days, H=18.9 ~562m) from Grove Creek Obs. (April 7.57-58p3)
- K08W60L 2008 WL60 (arc=135 days, H=18.0 ~851m) from Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (April 7.67-70p6)
- K07B02T 2007 BT2 (arc=3 opp, H=17.1 ~1.29 km) from Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (April 7.63-64p3)
- K04H00C 2004 HC (q=0.317 AU, arc=3 opp, H=19.9 ~355m) from Calar Alto Obs. (April 8.16p3)
- 89355 89355 2001 VS78 from Thompsonville Obs. (April 8.11-13p6)
Observers on 8 April '09
Five observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|251||Arecibo in Puerto Rico, 1 in radar -- 2008 SV11|
|493||Calar Alto Obs. in Spain, 2 in MPEC 2009-G22 -- 2009 FS4, 2004 HC|
|E16||Grove Creek Obs. in New South Wales, 2 in MPEC 2009-G22 -- 2009 FA, 2009 DL1|
|379||Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. in Japan, 2 in MPEC 2009-G22 -- 2008 WL60, 2007 BT2|
|H53||Thompsonville Obs. in Illinois, 1 in MPEC 2009-G22 -- 89355|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 8 April '09
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2358 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.