Contents on 9 February '09
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- five observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 9 February '09
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 1 listing: 1 new
When last checked at 2358 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had one new listing.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object by Birtwhistle et al. at Suno Observatory.
New MPECs on 9 February '09
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2358 UTC, there have been three MPECs posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- MPEC 2009-C65 time-stamped "07:07 UT" - Daily Orbit Update - see below
- MPEC 2009-C66 time-stamped "12:16 UT" - 2000 CK59 = 2009 CU - see below
- MPEC 2009-C67 time-stamped "15:21 UT" - 2007 LF
MPEC 2009-C67 - "15:21 UT" - 2007 LF
- K07L00F 2007 LF (Earth MOID=1.6 LD, H=20.5 ~269m) from David Tholen's team on Mauna Kea (Nov. 20.48p1 at R=22.9) and David Tholen's team via Faulkes Telescope North (Feb. 1.29p1 at R=23.2)
MPEC 2009-C66 - "12:16 UT" - 2000 CK59 = 2009 CU
- K00C59K 2000 CK59 (small asteroid, H=24.1 ~51m)
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K09C00P 2009 CP (arc=7 days, H=26.8 ~15m) from Great Shefford Obs. (Feb. 9.03-05p2)
- K09B58L 2009 BL58 (arc=11 days, H=24.7 ~39m) from Great Shefford Obs. (Feb. 9.00-01p3)
- K09B58H 2009 BH58 (arc=8 days, H=23.5 ~68m) from the Siding Spring Survey (SSS) (Feb. 2.70-71p3 & 5.74p1)
- Observations of other objects
- K02V94Y 2002 VY94 (Q=5.375 AU, arc=2 opp, H=16.8 ~1.48 km) from Carmelita Obs. (Feb. 8.84-90p3)
Observers on 9 February '09
Five observing facilities appear in today's MPECs.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|B20||Carmelita Obs. in Spain, 1 in MPEC 2009-C65 -- 2002 VY94|
|F658||David Tholen's team via Faulkes Telescope North in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2009-C67 -- 2007 LF|
|J95||Great Shefford Obs. in England, 2 in MPEC 2009-C65 -- 2009 CP, 2009 BL58|
|5682||David Tholen's team on Mauna Kea in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2009-C67 -- 2007 LF|
|E12||Siding Spring Survey in New South Wales, 1 in MPEC 2009-C65 -- 2009 BH58|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 9 February '09
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2358 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 9 February '09
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1528||Grabbed MPEC 2009-C67 - 2007 LF - see above|
|1445||Grabbed MPEC 2009-C65 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|
Grabbed MPEC 2009-C66 - 2000 CK59 = 2009 CU - see above
Noted that the NEOCP has become active