Contents on 12 January '09
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- ten observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 12 January '09
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 1 listing: 1 updated
When last checked at 2358 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's Near Earth Object discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had one updated listing.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object by Birtwhistle et al. at Suno Observatory.
New MPECs on 12 January '09
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2358 UTC, there has been one MPEC posted today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- K08Y26G 2008 YG26 (arc=14 days, H=21.6 ~162m) from Sormano Obs. (Jan. 11.84-85p3)
- K08Y02R 2008 YR2 (arc=21 days, H=18.6 ~645m) from Desert Moon Obs. (Jan. 11.43-45p3)
- K08Y02K 2008 YK2 (arc=22 days, H=19.5 ~426m) from El Guijo Obs. (Jan. 11.02-05p3) and Petit Jean Mtn. South Obs. (PJMSO) (Jan. 11.40-41p7)
- K08Y00F 2008 YF (arc=23 days, H=20.9 ~224m) from Sormano Obs. (Jan. 11.76-77p3)
- K08X02E 2008 XE2 (arc=38 days, H=19.3 ~467m) from Desert Moon Obs. (Jan. 11.32-33p3)
- K08W02N 2008 WN2 (arc=79 days, H=20.8 ~234m) from Sormano Obs. (Jan. 11.87-88p2)
- K08S01Q 2008 SQ1 (Q=4.682 AU, arc=2 opp, H=18.5 ~676m) from Verona Obs. (Jan. 11.88-90p4)
- K08Q03T 2008 QT3 (arc=140 days, H=18.8 ~589m) from Castelmartini Obs. (Jan. 11.77-78p3)
- K08E05V 2008 EV5 (arc=2 opp, H=20.0 ~339m) from Verona Obs. (Jan. 10.88-89p4) and PJMSO (Jan. 11.33-34p7)
- K05W55S 2005 WS55 (arc=4 opp, H=16.0 ~2.14 km, q=1.108 AU) from Fiamene Obs. (Jan. 9.73p2)
- K05B00C 2005 BC (arc=2 opp, H=18.0 ~851m) from PJMSO (Jan. 11.39-40p6)
- K00A06E 2000 AE6 (Q=4.220 AU, arc=3 opp, H=17.5 ~1.07 km) from Desert Moon Obs. (Jan. 11.36-40p3)
- J4386 194386 2001 VG5 from Castelmartini Obs. (Jan. 11.82-83p3)
- G2080 162080 1998 DG16 from Desert Moon Obs. (Jan. 11.48p1)
- D7805 137805 1999 YK5 from Cormons Obs. (Jan. 10.71p1)
- D6849 136849 1998 CS1 from Farra d'Isonzo Obs. (Jan. 11.86-88p4)
- 22099 22099 2000 EX106 from B. Conklin via RAS Obs. Mayhill (Jan. 12.05p3)
- 04179 4179 Toutatis (1989 AC) from PJMSO (Jan. 11.41-42p5)
Observers on 12 January '09
Ten observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|160||Castelmartini Obs. in Italy, 2 in MPEC 2009-A60 -- 2008 QT3, 194386|
|A94||Cormons Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2009-A60 -- 137805|
|448||Desert Moon Obs. in New Mexico, 4 in MPEC 2009-A60 -- 2008 YR2, 2008 XE2, 2000 AE6, 162080|
|J27||El Guijo Obs. in Spain, 1 in MPEC 2009-A60 -- 2008 YK2|
|595||Farra d'Isonzo Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2009-A60 -- 136849|
|B23||Fiamene Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2009-A60 -- 2005 WS55|
|H45||Petit Jean Mtn. South Obs. (PJMSO) in Arkansas, 4 in MPEC 2009-A60 -- 2008 YK2, 2008 EV5, 2005 BC, 4179|
|H06\||B. Conklin via RAS Obs. Mayhill in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2009-A60 -- 22099|
|587||Sormano Obs. in Italy, 3 in MPEC 2009-A60 -- 2008 YG26, 2008 YF, 2008 WN2|
|A48||Verona Obs. in Italy, 2 in MPEC 2009-A60 -- 2008 SQ1, 2008 EV5|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 12 January '09
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2358 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 12 January '09
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1435||Grabbed MPEC 2009-A60 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|