Contents on 16 September '08
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- six observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 16 September '08
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 1 listing: 1 new
When last checked at 2357 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's NEO discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had one new listing.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object by Birtwhistle et al. at Suno Observatory.
New MPECs on 16 September '08
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2357 UTC, there has been one MPEC issued today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K08R01G 2008 RG1 (arc=11 days, H=20.6 ~257m) from Jim Young via Table Mtn. Obs. (Sept. 15.26-28p4)
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K08R24W 2008 RW24 (arc=9 days, H=22.8 ~93m) from Sandlot Obs. (Sept. 15.26-27p3)
- Observations of other objects
- K08R00T 2008 RT (arc=14 days, H=19.5 ~426m) from Sandlot Obs. (Sept. 15.34-35p3)
- K08N00U 2008 NU (Q=4.201 AU, arc=72 days, H=17.6 ~1.02 km) from Lumijoki Obs. (Sept. 6.96-97p3)
- K08M01R 2008 MR1 (arc=3 opp, H=18.4 ~708m) from Lumijoki Obs. (Aug. 30.98-99p3)
- K08H38B 2008 HB38 (arc=138 days, H=21.1 ~204m) from Sandlot Obs. (Sept. 15.39-42p3)
- K05T45U 2005 TU45 (arc=3 opp, H=17.1 ~1.29 km) from Bornheim Obs. (June 25.95-96p2 & July 1.92-93p3)
- K05R34C 2005 RC34 (arc=2 opp, H=19.7 ~389m) from Bornheim Obs. (July 24.91p4)
- G4400 164400 2005 GN59 from Bornheim Obs. (Aug. 29.86-87p4 & 30.85-86p4)
- G2900 162900 2001 HG31 from La Sagra Obs. (Sept. 14.03-05p3)
- 90403 90403 2003 YE45 from Bornheim Obs. (July 24.89-90p3 & 31.90-92p5)
- 35107 35107 1991 VH from Bornheim Obs. (June 24.92-93p3, 25.90-91p4, 30.88-89p3 & July 1.89-90p3)
- 08567 8567 1996 HW1 from Bornheim Obs. (Aug. 29.89p3 & 30.86-87p4) and Siegen Obs. (Sept. 13.97-98p3)
- 07889 7889 1994 LX from Bornheim Obs. (June 24.95-96p3, 25.93-94p4, 30.90-91p2 & July 1.91p3)
Observers on 16 September '08
Six observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|127||Bornheim Obs. in Germany, 7 in MPEC 2008-S01 -- 2005 TU45, 2005 RC34, 90403, 35107, 164400, 8567, 7889|
|J75||La Sagra Obs. in Spain, 1 in MPEC 2008-S01 -- 162900|
|A70||Lumijoki Obs. in Finland, 2 in MPEC 2008-S01 -- 2008 NU, 2008 MR1|
|H36||Sandlot Obs. in Kansas, 3 in MPEC 2008-S01 -- 2008 RW24, 2008 RT, 2008 HB38|
|510||Siegen Obs. in Germany, 1 in MPEC 2008-S01 -- 8567|
|6735||Jim Young via Table Mtn. Obs. in southern California, 1 in MPEC 2008-S01 -- 2008 RG1|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 16 September '08
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2357 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 16 September '08
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1500||Grabbed MPEC 2008-S01 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|