Contents on 14 September '08
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- eight observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 14 September '08
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 2 listings: 1 new, 1 updated
When last checked at 2357 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's NEO discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had one new and one updated listing.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object by Birtwhistle et al. at Suno Observatory.
New MPECs on 14 September '08
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2357 UTC, there has been one MPEC issued today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K08R24W 2008 RW24 (arc=8 days, H=22.8 ~93m) from Jim Young via Table Mtn. Obs. (Sept. 14.21-24p4)
- Observations of other objects
- K08R24Z 2008 RZ24 (arc=7 days, H=20.1 ~323m) from Great Shefford Obs. (Sept. 14.10-12p3)
- K08R24Y 2008 RY24 (arc=3 opp, H=17.8 ~933m) from NEAT's GEODSS Haleakala telescope (1996 Feb. 20.37p1)
- K08R24X 2008 RX24 (arc=5 days, H=21.2 ~195m) from Astronomical Research Obs. (ARO) (Sept. 11.22-23p4)
- K08R24R 2008 RR24 (arc=8 days, H=21.1 ~204m) from Young/Table Mtn. (Sept. 14.18-19p4)
- K08Q00Z 2008 QZ (arc=23 days, H=20.4 ~282m) from Great Shefford Obs. (Sept. 14.05-06p2)
- K08N00B 2008 NB (arc=75 days, H=19.2 ~490m) from Great Shefford Obs. (Sept. 13.95-98p2)
- J98S70J 1998 SJ70 (arc=3 opp, H=18.3 ~741m) from Great Shefford Obs. (Sept. 14.07-09p3)
- I9700 189700 2001 TA45 from Paus Obs. (Sept. 13.86p1)
- G4400 164400 2005 GN59 from Stonegate Obs. (Aug. 21.28p1 & 21.34-38p2)
- E4901 144901 2004 WG1 from Atlante Obs. (Sept. 14.16-17p3)
- A5140 105140 2000 NL10 from Atlante Obs. (Sept. 13.96-97p3)
- 87684 87684 2000 SY2 from Atlante Obs. (Sept. 14.13-14p3)
- 16960 16960 1998 QS52 from El Guijo Obs. (Sept. 13.98-00p3)
- 05143 5143 Heracles (1991 VL) from Atlante Obs. (Sept. 14.01-03p3)
Observers on 14 September '08
Eight observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H55||Astronomical Research Obs. in Illinois, 1 in MPEC 2008-R66 -- 2008 RX24|
|J51||Atlante Obs. in the Canary Islands, 4 in MPEC 2008-R66 -- 87684, 144901, 105140, 5143|
|J27||El Guijo Obs. in Spain, 1 in MPEC 2008-R66 -- 16960|
|J95||Great Shefford Obs. in England, 4 in MPEC 2008-R66 -- 2008 RZ24, 2008 QZ, 2008 NB, 1998 SJ70|
|566||NEAT's GEODSS Haleakala telescope in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2008-R66 -- 2008 RY24|
|B49||Paus Obs. in Spain, 1 in MPEC 2008-R66 -- 189700|
|H67||Stonegate Obs. in Michigan, 1 in MPEC 2008-R66 -- 164400|
|6735||Jim Young via Table Mtn. Obs. in southern California, 2 in MPEC 2008-R66 -- 2008 RW24, 2008 RR24|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 14 September '08
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2357 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 14 September '08
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1658||Grabbed MPEC 2008-R66 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|