Contents on 13 September '08
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- five observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 13 September '08
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 2 listings: 2 new
When last checked at 2358 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's NEO discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had two new listings. Of these, one was a "one nighter."
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object by Birtwhistle et al. at Suno Observatory.
New MPECs on 13 September '08
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2358 UTC, there has been one MPEC issued today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K08Q11S 2008 QS11 (arc=15 days, H=19.8 ~371m) from Oakley Southern Sky Obs. (OSSO) (Sept. 8.77p1)
- Observations of other objects
- K08M05B 2008 MB5 (arc=73 days, H=19.3 ~467m) from the Siding Spring Survey (SSS) (Sept. 11.80p1)
- K05T51Z 2005 TZ51 (arc=3 opp, H=17.9 ~891m) from Lumezzane Obs. (Sept. 9.99p4)
- K03R00M 2003 RM (Q=4.673 AU, arc=2 opp, H=19.9 ~355m) from Lumezzane Obs. (Sept. 8.99-00p4)
- K02S41S 2002 SS41 (i=63.7°, arc=3 opp, H=17.2 ~1.23 km) from Lumezzane Obs. (Sept. 10.01p3)
- J0135 190135 2005 QE30 from Lumezzane Obs. (Sept. 10.05-06p4)
- G4400 164400 2005 GN59 from Mirasteilas Obs. (Sept. 8.83p1 & 8.89p1)
- G2911 162911 2001 LL5 from Lumezzane Obs. (Sept. 10.02-03p4)
- 87684 87684 2000 SY2 from Lumezzane Obs. (Sept. 10.10p4)
- 08567 8567 1996 HW1 from Mirasteilas Obs. (Sept. 8.87p1 & 8.92-96p2)
- 05332 5332 1990 DA from SSS (Sept. 12.56-59p4)
- 04257 4257 Ubasti (1987 QA) from Malaga Obs. (Sept. 11.98-03p4)
- 01916 1916 Boreas (1953 RA) from Lumezzane Obs. (Sept. 10.08-09p4)
Observers on 13 September '08
Five observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|130||Lumezzane Obs. in Italy, 7 in MPEC 2008-R65 -- 2005 TZ51, 2003 RM, 2002 SS41, 87684, 190135, 162911, 1916|
|J40||Malaga Obs. in Spain, 1 in MPEC 2008-R65 -- 4257|
|B67||Mirasteilas Obs. in Switzerland, 2 in MPEC 2008-R65 -- 164400, 8567|
|E09||Oakley Southern Sky Obs. in New South Wales, 1 in MPEC 2008-R65 -- 2008 QS11|
|E12||Siding Spring Survey (SSS) in New South Wales, 2 in MPEC 2008-R65 -- 2008 MB5, 5332|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 13 September '08
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2358 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 13 September '08
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1335||Grabbed MPEC 2008-R65 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|