Contents on 20 July '08
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- five observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 20 July '08
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page is currently empty
The NEOCP is currently empty and hasn't been noted by The Tracking News as being active yet today (checked at 2357 UTC). It was last noted active on July 15th.
New MPECs on 20 July '08
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2357 UTC, there has been one MPEC issued today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K08N00X 2008 NX (arc=16 days, H=24.8 ~37m) from Astronomical Research Obs. (ARO) (July 18.27p1)
- K08M01Q 2008 MQ1 (arc=18 days, H=24.2 ~49m) from ARO (July 18.28-30p2)
- Observations of other objects
- K08N00U 2008 NU (Q=5.222 AU, arc=17 days, H=17.4 ~1.12 km) from ARO (July 18.32-33p3)
- K08M01R 2008 MR1 (arc=18 days, H=18.5 ~676m) from ARO (July 18.31p2)
- K08L08W 2008 LW8 (arc=39 days, H=17.3 ~1.17 km) from ARO (July 18.34-35p2)
- K07L15B 2007 LB15 (arc=2 opp, H=19.5 ~426m) from ARO (July 18.23p1)
- K06W02Z 2006 WZ2 (arc=3 opp, H=16.8 ~1.48 km) from ARO (July 18.36-37p2)
- K05R34D 2005 RD34 (arc=2 opp, H=20.2 ~309m) from ARO (July 18.14-15p2)
- K05R34C 2005 RC34 (arc=2 opp, H=19.8 ~371m) from Thompsonville Obs. (July 20.18p6)
- K02M03Q 2002 MQ3 (i=36.3°, arc=3 opp, H=18.2 ~776m) from ARO (July 18.11-13p3)
- H4050 174050 2002 CC19 from Gualba Obs. (July 18.94p2)
- H3689 173689 2001 PK9 from Thompsonville Obs. (July 20.18-20p4)
- 90403 90403 2003 YE45 from Guidestar Obs. (July 19.97-98p3)
- 35107 35107 1991 VH from Gualba Obs. (July 18.89-90p3), Kinver Obs. (July 19.92-93p5), and Thompsonville Obs. (July 20.17p6)
- 11398 11398 1998 YP11 from Thompsonville Obs. (July 20.15-16p6)
- 04257 4257 Ubasti (1987 QA) from ARO (July 18.20p1)
- 01917 1917 Cuyo (1968 AA) from Thompsonville Obs. (July 20.21p6)
Observers on 20 July '08
Five observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H55||Astronomical Research Obs. (ARO) in Illinois, 10 in MPEC 2008-O12 -- 2008 NX, 2008 NU, 2008 MR1, 2008 MQ1, 2008 LW8, 2007 LB15, 2006 WZ2, 2005 RD34, 2002 MQ3, 4257|
|442||Gualba Obs. in Spain, 2 in MPEC 2008-O12 -- 35107, 174050|
|A17||Guidestar Obs. in Germany, 1 in MPEC 2008-O12 -- 90403|
|J66||Kinver Obs. in England, 1 in MPEC 2008-O12 -- 35107|
|H53||Thompsonville Obs. in Illinois, 5 in MPEC 2008-O12 -- 2005 RC34, 35107, 173689, 11398, 1917|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 20 July '08
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2357 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 20 July '08
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1501||Grabbed MPEC 2008-O12 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|