Contents on 14 July '08
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- two observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 14 July '08
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 3 listings: 3 updated
When last checked at 2359 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's NEO discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had three updated listings. All of these were "one nighters."
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object by Birtwhistle et al. at Suno Observatory.
New MPECs on 14 July '08
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2359 UTC, there has been one MPEC issued today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- K05T45U 2005 TU45 (arc=3 opp, H=17.2 ~1.23 km) from Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (July 13.57p2 & 13.61-62p2)
- 11398 11398 1998 YP11 from Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (July 13.53-55p3 & 13.62-64p3)
- 08567 8567 1996 HW1 from Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. (July 13.64-66p8)
- 04179 4179 Toutatis (1989 AC) from Univ. of Narino Obs. (2004 Sept. 2.03-10p9 & 2004 Sept. 7.05-10p9)
Observers on 14 July '08
Two observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|379||Hamamatsu-Yuto Obs. in Japan, 3 in MPEC 2008-N36 -- 2005 TU45, 11398, 8567|
|H78||Univ. of Narino Obs. in Colombia, 1 in MPEC 2008-N36 -- 4179|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 14 July '08
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2359 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.