Contents on 5 July '08
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- six observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 5 July '08
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 3 listings: 3 updated
When last checked at 2004 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's NEO discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had three updated listings. Of these, one was a "one nighter."
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object by Birtwhistle et al. at Suno Observatory.
New MPECs on 5 July '08
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2004 UTC, there has been one MPEC issued today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K08M01Q 2008 MQ1 (arc=5 days, H=24.3 ~47m) from Guidestar Obs. (July 5.02-04p3)
- Observations of other objects
- K08M01U 2008 MU1 (i=41.7°, arc=4 days, H=19.5 ~426m) from Tiki Obs. (July 4.51p1 & 4.55p1)
- K08H03S 2008 HS3 (arc=66 days, H=21.7 ~155m) from Wildberg Obs. (July 4.89-90p5)
- H3689 173689 2001 PK9 from Chante-Perdrix Obs. (July 3.99-02p2)
- 96631 96631 1999 FP59 from the Siding Spring Survey (SSS) (July 4.47-51p4)
- 85628 85628 1998 KV2 from SSS (July 4.51-54p4)
- 01917 1917 Cuyo (1968 AA) from Mirasteilas Obs. (July 4.00-01p3)
Observers on 5 July '08
Six observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|A77||Chante-Perdrix Obs. in France, 1 in MPEC 2008-N14 -- 173689|
|A17||Guidestar Obs. in Germany, 1 in MPEC 2008-N14 -- 2008 MQ1|
|B67||Mirasteilas Obs. in Switzerland, 1 in MPEC 2008-N14 -- 1917|
|E12||Siding Spring Survey (SSS) in New South Wales, 2 in MPEC 2008-N14 -- 96631, 85628|
|F85||Tiki Obs. in Tahiti, 1 in MPEC 2008-N14 -- 2008 MU1|
|198||Wildberg Obs. in Germany, 1 in MPEC 2008-N14 -- 2008 HS3|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 5 July '08
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2004 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 5 July '08
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1427||Grabbed MPEC 2008-N14 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|