Contents on 27 June '08
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- nine observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 27 June '08
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page is currently empty
The NEOCP is currently empty and hasn't been noted by The Tracking News as being active yet today (checked at 2357 UTC). It was last noted active on June 18th.
New MPECs on 27 June '08
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2357 UTC, there has been one MPEC issued today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- K08J35T 2008 JT35 (Q=4.080 AU, arc=53 days, H=21.1 ~204m) from Thompsonville Obs. (June 26.11p6), Petit Jean Mtn. South Obs. (PJMSO) (June 26.28-29p6), and Capannoli Obs. (June 26.92p1)
- K08J26R 2008 JR26 (arc=44 days, H=19.9 ~355m) from PJMSO (June 26.24-25p6)
- K08H38B 2008 HB38 (arc=57 days, H=21.1 ~204m) from Tiki Obs. (June 26.25p1 & 26.32p1)
- K08H03S 2008 HS3 (arc=57 days, H=21.7 ~155m) from PJMSO (June 26.29-30p6)
- K07L00L 2007 LL (arc=2 opp, H=20.5 ~269m) from PJMSO (June 26.25-26p5) and Capannoli Obs. (June 26.97p3)
- K05T45U 2005 TU45 (arc=3 opp, H=17.1 ~1.29 km) from PJMSO (June 26.30-31p5)
- K05N07B 2005 NB7 (arc=3 opp, H=18.7 ~616m) from PJMSO (June 26.26-28p5)
- K03O04B 2003 OB4 (Q=4.516 AU, arc=2 opp, H=19.1 ~513m) from Capannoli Obs. (June 27.03p1)
- H4050 174050 2002 CC19 from Mirasteilas Obs. (June 26.95-98p3)
- 90367 90367 2003 LC5 from the Siding Spring Survey (SSS) (June 26.65-68p4)
- 35107 35107 1991 VH from program code 3 via Crimean Astrophysical Obs. (CrAO) (June 25.89-92p16) and Golden Hill Obs. (June 25.00-06p15)
- 07889 7889 1994 LX from Iluro Obs. (June 26.92p3) and Capannoli Obs. (June 26.94p2)
- 03554 3554 Amun (1986 EB) from SSS (June 26.37-38p4)
- 01864 1864 Daedalus (1971 FA) from SSS (June 26.39-40p4)
- 01685 1685 Toro (1948 OA) from SSS (June 26.39-40p4)
Observers on 27 June '08
Nine observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|B09||Capannoli Obs. in Italy, 4 in MPEC 2008-M40 -- 2008 JT35, 2007 LL, 2003 OB4, 7889|
|0953||program code 3 via Crimean Astrophysical Obs. in the Ukraine, 1 in MPEC 2008-M40 -- 35107|
|J77||Golden Hill Obs. in England, 1 in MPEC 2008-M40 -- 35107|
|B19||Iluro Obs. in Spain, 1 in MPEC 2008-M40 -- 7889|
|B67||Mirasteilas Obs. in Switzerland, 1 in MPEC 2008-M40 -- 174050|
|H45||Petit Jean Mtn. South Obs. (PJMSO) in Arkansas, 6 in MPEC 2008-M40 -- 2008 JT35, 2008 JR26, 2008 HS3, 2007 LL, 2005 TU45, 2005 NB7|
|E12||Siding Spring Survey (SSS) in New South Wales, 4 in MPEC 2008-M40 -- 90367, 3554, 1864, 1685|
|H53||Thompsonville Obs. in Illinois, 1 in MPEC 2008-M40 -- 2008 JT35|
|F85||Tiki Obs. in Tahiti, 1 in MPEC 2008-M40 -- 2008 HB38|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 27 June '08
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2357 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 27 June '08
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1442||Grabbed MPEC 2008-M40 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|