Contents on 25 May '08
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- six observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 25 May '08
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 1 listing: 1 updated
When last checked at 2354 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's NEO discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had one updated listing.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object by Birtwhistle et al. at Suno Observatory.
New MPECs on 25 May '08
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2354 UTC, there have been two MPECs issued today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- MPEC 2008-K32 time-stamped "06:07 UT" - Daily Orbit Update - see below
- MPEC 2008-K33 time-stamped "23:25 UT" - Comet P/2008 J3 (McNaught)
MPEC 2008-K33 - "23:25 UT" - Comet P/2008 J3 (McNaught)
- CK08J030 C/2008 J3 (McNaught) (q=2.282 AU, Q=5.494 AU, TP=2009 Mar. 10.870 TT) from Tiki Obs. (May 23.56p1, 23.61p1 & 25.60-64p2)
- K08J30Y 2008 JY30 (arc=10 days, H=18.5 ~676m) from Tiki Obs. (May 24.61-65p3)
- K08J00J 2008 JJ (i=44.6°, arc=24 days, H=19.3 ~467m) from Greiner Research Obs. (GRO) (May 24.37-38p9)
- K08H66E 2008 HE66 (arc=23 days, H=21.6 ~162m) from Silver Spring Obs. (May 23.13p1 & 23.25p1)
- K08H03S 2008 HS3 (arc=25 days, H=21.7 ~155m) from GRO (May 25.19-20p10)
- K08H02F 2008 HF2 (arc=27 days, H=19.6 ~407m) from Silver Spring Obs. (May 23.06p1 & 23.11p1)
- K08E69C 2008 EC69 (Q=4.458 AU, arc=2 opp, H=17.3 ~1.17 km) from GRO (May 24.36p10)
- K08CB8R 2008 CR118 (arc=2 opp, H=18.8 ~589m) from Jim Bedient via Faulkes Telescope North (May 24.30-32p3)
- K08B22C 2008 BC22 (arc=134 days, H=19.8 ~371m) from Boambee Obs. (May 24.40-43p2)
- K07V04Q 2007 VQ4 (arc=3 opp, H=16.1 ~2.04 km, q=1.271 AU) from GRO (May 25.19p10)
- K05T45U 2005 TU45 (arc=3 opp, H=17.1 ~1.29 km) from David Tholen's team on Mauna Kea (May 20.62p2)
- K02J00C 2002 JC (i=40.9°, arc=6 opp, H=17.3 ~1.17 km) from GRO (May 25.17-18p18)
- F4278 154278 2002 TB9 from GRO (May 25.21p10)
- D7170 137170 1999 HF1 from GRO (May 25.20-21p18)
- A2873 102873 1999 WK11 from GRO (May 25.18-19p6)
- 36017 36017 1999 ND43 from Bedient/Faulkes North (May 24.37-39p3)
- 03691 3691 Bede (1982 FT) from Boambee Obs. (May 18.36-39p2 & 24.35-41p3)
Observers on 25 May '08
Six observing facilities appear in today's MPECs.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|432||Boambee Obs. in New South Wales, 2 in MPEC 2008-K32 -- 2008 BC22, 3691|
|F654||Jim Bedient in Hawaii via Faulkes Telescope North in Hawaii, 2 in MPEC 2008-K32 -- 2008 CR118, 36017|
|H51||Greiner Research Obs. (GRO) in Wisconsin, 8 in MPEC 2008-K32 -- 2008 JJ, 2008 HS3, 2008 EC69, 2007 VQ4, 2002 JC, 154278, 137170, 102873|
|5682||David Tholen's team on Mauna Kea in Hawaii, 1 in MPEC 2008-K32 -- 2005 TU45|
|H85||Silver Spring Obs. in Maryland, 2 in MPEC 2008-K32 -- 2008 HF2, 2008 HE66|
|F85||Tiki Obs. in Tahiti, 2 in MPECs 2008-K32 & 2008-K33 -- 2008 JY30, P/2008 J3|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 25 May '08
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2354 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.