Contents on 22 May '08
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- four observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 22 May '08
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 1 listing: 1 new
When last checked at 2354 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's NEO discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had one new listing.
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object by Birtwhistle et al. at Suno Observatory.
New MPECs on 22 May '08
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2354 UTC, there has been one MPEC issued today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K08H38B 2008 HB38 (arc=21 days, H=21.1 ~204m) from Astronomical Research Obs. (ARO) (May 21.18-19p3)
- K08H03D 2008 HD3 (i=52.0°, arc=23 days, H=19.8 ~371m) from ARO (May 21.22-24p3)
- K08H00H 2008 HH (almost small, arc=27 days, H=21.9 ~141m) from ARO (May 21.25-26p3)
- K08H00E 2008 HE (q=0.114 AU, Q=4.420 AU, arc=33 days, H=18.0 ~851m) from ARO (May 21.09-11p3)
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K08J26S 2008 JS26 (arc=7 days, H=23.5 ~68m) from ARO (May 21.23-24p3)
- K08GB0C 2008 GC110 (arc=37 days, H=22.2 ~123m) from ARO (May 21.19-22p3)
- Observations of other objects
- K08J19S 2008 JS19 (arc=13 days, H=18.9 ~562m) from ARO (May 21.16-17p3)
- K08H03S 2008 HS3 (arc=21 days, H=21.7 ~155m) from ARO (May 21.18p3)
- K08H02C 2008 HC2 (i=45.6°, arc=24 days, H=20.2 ~309m) from ARO (May 21.13-15p3)
- K08H01Z 2008 HZ1 (arc=25 days, H=19.3 ~467m) from ARO (May 21.10-11p3)
- K08F06T 2008 FT6 (arc=122 days, H=17.5 ~1.07 km) from ARO (May 21.15-17p3)
- K08E32B 2008 EB32 (arc=72 days, H=19.3 ~467m) from ARO (May 21.08-09p3)
- K08C72L 2008 CL72 (arc=108 days, H=19.9 ~355m) from ARO (May 21.12-14p3)
- K07Y01X 2007 YX1 (Q=4.542 AU, arc=2 opp, H=17.4 ~1.12 km) from the Catalina Sky Survey (CSS) (May 2.14-20p8)
- K05S71E 2005 SE71 (arc=2 opp, H=18.2 ~776m) from Greiner Research Obs. (GRO) (May 22.12-13p4)
- K04S20D 2004 SD20 (arc=3 opp, H=18.1 ~812m) from Tiki Obs. (May 20.60-64p3 & 21.62-64p3)
Observers on 22 May '08
Four observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H55||Astronomical Research Obs. (ARO) in Illinois, 13 in MPEC 2008-K26 -- 2008 JS26, 2008 JS19, 2008 HZ1, 2008 HS3, 2008 HH, 2008 HE, 2008 HD3, 2008 HC2, 2008 HB38, 2008 GC110, 2008 FT6, 2008 EB32, 2008 CL72|
|703||Catalina Sky Survey in Arizona, 1 in MPEC 2008-K26 -- 2007 YX1|
|H51||Greiner Research Obs. in Wisconsin, 1 in MPEC 2008-K26 -- 2005 SE71|
|F85||Tiki Obs. in Tahiti, 1 in MPEC 2008-K26 -- 2004 SD20|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 22 May '08
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2354 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 22 May '08
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1404||Grabbed MPEC 2008-K26 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|