Contents on 18 May '08
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- two observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 18 May '08
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 1 listing: 1 updated
When last checked at 2354 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's NEO discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had one updated listing. This was a "one nighter."
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object by Birtwhistle et al. at Suno Observatory.
New MPECs on 18 May '08
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2354 UTC, there has been one MPEC issued today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K08J02U 2008 JU2 (arc=14 days, H=22.7 ~98m) from Petit Jean Mtn. South Obs. (PJMSO) (May 17.34-35p7)
- Observations of other objects
- K08E69C 2008 EC69 (Q=4.458 AU, arc=2 opp, H=17.2 ~1.23 km) from PJMSO (May 17.38-40p7)
- K05T45U 2005 TU45 (arc=3 opp, H=17.0 ~1.35 km) from PJMSO (May 17.40-41p5)
- K05N07B 2005 NB7 (arc=3 opp, H=18.7 ~616m) from PJMSO (May 17.35-36p5)
- D7170 137170 1999 HF1 from PJMSO (May 17.37-38p5)
- 68348 68348 2001 LO7 from PJMSO (May 17.42p5)
- 01980 1980 Tezcatlipoca (1950 LA) from North Ryde Obs. (May 5.56p1)
Observers on 18 May '08
Two observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|423||North Ryde Obs. in New South Wales, 1 in MPEC 2008-K13 -- 1980|
|H45||Petit Jean Mtn. South Obs. (PJMSO) in Arkansas, 6 in MPEC 2008-K13 -- 2008 JU2, 2008 EC69, 2005 TU45, 2005 NB7, 68348, 137170|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 18 May '08
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2354 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. Visit the CRT to view activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a complete list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 18 May '08
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1459||Grabbed MPEC 2008-K13 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|