Contents on 20 April '08
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- seven observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
NOTE: The Tracking News and this Web site will be updating less often, and at sometimes irregular intervals, for the rest of April.
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 20 April '08
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 3 listings: 1 new, 2 updated
When last checked at 2354 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's NEO discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had one new and two updated listings. Of these, two were "one nighters."
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object by Birtwhistle et al. at Suno Observatory.
New MPECs on 20 April '08
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2354 UTC, there has been one MPEC issued today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K08GB0H 2008 GH110 (arc=5 days, H=19.8 ~371m) from Desert Moon Obs. (April 19.27-30p3)
- K08F00N 2008 FN (i=44.7°, arc=2 opp, H=18.5 ~676m) from Desert Moon Obs. (April 19.33-35p3)
- K08E69C 2008 EC69 (Q=4.455 AU, arc=61 days, H=17.0 ~1.35 km) from Petit Jean Mtn. South Obs. (PJMSO) (April 19.37-38p7)
- Observations of other objects
- K08G03V 2008 GV3 (i=72.9°, arc=12 days, H=18.6 ~645m) from Iluro Obs. (April 19.07p3)
- K08F06U 2008 FU6 (arc=2 opp, H=17.9 ~891m) from PJMSO (April 19.39-40p8)
- K08E00S 2008 ES (Q=4.037 AU, arc=2 opp, H=18.3 ~741m) from Desert Moon Obs. (April 19.18-20p3)
- K08D00Y 2008 DY (Q=4.343 AU, arc=53 days, H=20.9 ~224m) from Desert Moon Obs. (April 19.37-40p3)
- K08D00E 2008 DE (arc=68 days, H=19.5 ~426m) from Iluro Obs. (April 19.08-10p3), PJMSO (April 19.32-33p6), and Wildberg Obs. (April 19.94p5)
- K08C23P 2008 CP23 (arc=78 days, H=19.5 ~426m) from Desert Moon Obs. (April 19.22-24p3)
- K07Y01X 2007 YX1 (Q=4.542 AU, arc=2 opp, H=17.4 ~1.12 km) from Desert Moon Obs. (April 19.11-14p3)
- K07V04Q 2007 VQ4 (arc=3 opp, H=15.9 ~2.24 km, q=1.271 AU) from PJMSO (April 19.30-31p5), Verona Obs. (April 19.85-86p4), and Atlante Obs. (April 19.91-92p3)
- K06B55G 2006 BG55 (arc=3 opp, H=18.4 ~708m) from Verona Obs. (April 19.90-91p4)
- K05N07B 2005 NB7 (arc=3 opp, H=18.7 ~616m) from PJMSO (April 19.28p8) and Verona Obs. (April 19.87-88p4)
- K05G00G 2005 GG (arc=3 opp, H=16.1 ~2.04 km, q=0.694 AU) from PJMSO (April 19.29-30p5)
- K02J00C 2002 JC (i=40.9°, arc=6 opp, H=17.2 ~1.23 km) from Wildberg Obs. (April 19.95-96p5)
- J91J00W 1991 JW (arc=5 opp, H=19.6 ~407m) from Desert Moon Obs. (April 19.43-47p3)
- E3637 143637 2003 LP6 from Alter Satzberg Obs. (April 19.80-82p3)
- D7170 137170 1999 HF1 from Iluro Obs. (April 19.14p3) and PJMSO (April 19.36p5)
- 53319 53319 1999 JM8 from Iluro Obs. (April 19.16p3)
- 35107 35107 1991 VH from PJMSO (April 19.33-34p5) and Atlante Obs. (April 19.96-97p2)
- 07889 7889 1994 LX from PJMSO (April 19.40-41p5)
Observers on 20 April '08
Seven observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|B03||Alter Satzberg Obs. in Austria, 1 in MPEC 2008-H10 -- 143637|
|J51||Atlante Obs. in the Canary Islands, 2 in MPEC 2008-H10 -- 2007 VQ4, 35107|
|448||Desert Moon Obs. in New Mexico, 7 in MPEC 2008-H10 -- 2008 GH110, 2008 FN, 2008 ES, 2008 DY, 2008 CP23, 2007 YX1, 1991 JW|
|B19||Iluro Obs. in Spain, 4 in MPEC 2008-H10 -- 2008 GV3, 2008 DE, 53319, 137170|
|H45||Petit Jean Mtn. South Obs. (PJMSO) in Arkansas, 9 in MPEC 2008-H10 -- 2008 FU6, 2008 EC69, 2008 DE, 2007 VQ4, 2005 NB7, 2005 GG, 35107, 137170, 7889|
|A48||Verona Obs. in Italy, 3 in MPEC 2008-H10 -- 2007 VQ4, 2006 BG55, 2005 NB7|
|198||Wildberg Obs. in Germany, 2 in MPEC 2008-H10 -- 2008 DE, 2002 JC|
|For a list of all participating observatories that have Web addresses, see A/CC's Observatory Links page.|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 20 April '08
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2354 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. See the CRT for activity in the last four weeks and our ephemerides page for a list of risk-rated objects under current observation or having recent news.
Chronology on 20 April '08
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1307||Grabbed MPEC 2008-H10 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|