Contents on 22 March '08
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Observers -- five observing facilities
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 22 March '08
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 2 listings: 2 updated
When last checked at 2354 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's NEO discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had two updated listings. Both of these were "one nighters."
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object by Birtwhistle et al. at Suno Observatory.
New MPECs on 22 March '08
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2354 UTC, there has been one MPEC issued today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- K08C01L 2008 CL1 (arc=42 days, H=19.5 ~426m) from Siegen Obs. (March 3.93p3 & 6.00p2)
- K08A00E 2008 AE (arc=2 opp, H=19.7 ~389m) from Petit Jean Mtn. South Obs. (PJMSO) (March 21.39-40p6)
- K07V04Q 2007 VQ4 (arc=3 opp, H=15.8 ~2.34 km, q=1.271 AU) from PJMSO (March 21.40-41p5)
- K06G00Z 2006 GZ (arc=2 opp, H=19.3 ~467m) from program code "|" via La Silla (March 13.25-26p8)
- K05N07B 2005 NB7 (arc=3 opp, H=18.6 ~645m) from Heath Rhoades via Table Mtn. Obs. (March 21.17-18p4)
- K05B02E 2005 BE2 (arc=2 opp, H=18.2 ~776m) from PJMSO (March 21.30-31p6)
- H8601 178601 2000 CG59 from the Spacewatch 0.9m telescope (March 15.22-23p2)
- 89830 89830 2002 CE from PJMSO (March 21.31-32p5)
- 11398 11398 1998 YP11 from PJMSO (March 21.36-37p5)
Observers on 22 March '08
Five observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|809|||program code "|" via La Silla in Chile, 1 in MPEC 2008-F22 -- 2006 GZ|
|H45||Petit Jean Mtn. South Obs. (PJMSO) in Arkansas, 5 in MPEC 2008-F22 -- 2008 AE, 2007 VQ4, 2005 BE2, 89830, 11398|
|510||Siegen Obs. in Germany, 1 in MPEC 2008-F22 -- 2008 CL1|
|691||Spacewatch 0.9m telescope in Arizona, 1 in MPEC 2008-F22 -- 178601|
|6739||Heath Rhoades via Table Mtn. Obs. in southern California, 1 in MPEC 2008-F22 -- 2005 NB7|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 22 March '08
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2354 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. See the CRT for activity in the last month and our ephemerides page for a list of objects under current observation.
Chronology on 22 March '08
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1358||Grabbed MPEC 2008-F22 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|