Contents on 24 February '08
- Radar Astrometry -- one object
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
Radar Astrometry on 24 February '08
Radar observation of one object
Data addition noted at 0600 UTC when the database was dated 23 Feb.
NEOCP Activity on 24 February '08
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 3 listings: 3 updated
When last checked at 2354 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's NEO discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had three updated listings. Of these, one was a "one nighter."
New MPECs on 24 February '08
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2354 UTC, there has been one MPEC issued today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K08CB9G 2008 CG119 (i=41.4°, arc=9 days, H=19.0 ~537m) from the Siding Spring Survey (SSS) (Feb. 22.48-49p2)
- Observations of almost-small asteroids (21.7<H<=22.0)
- K08C06C 2008 CC6 (q=0.286 AU, arc=16 days, H=22.0 ~135m) from Stia Obs. (Feb. 22.76-77p4) and Greiner Research Obs. (Feb. 23.20p8)
- Observations of other objects
- K08CB6R 2008 CR116 (arc=13 days, H=20.6 ~257m) from Stia Obs. (Feb. 22.82-83p4) and Greiner Research Obs. (Feb. 24.13-15p40)
- K08C01N 2008 CN1 (arc=21 days, H=20.6 ~257m) from Malaga Obs. (Feb. 21.08p3), La Fecha Obs. (Feb. 23.12-14p3), and Eschenberg Obs. (Feb. 23.75-76p7)
- K08C01L 2008 CL1 (arc=21 days, H=19.4 ~446m) from Malaga Obs. (Feb. 21.06p1)
- K06D62U 2006 DU62 (arc=3 opp, H=18.2 ~776m) from Eschenberg Obs. (Feb. 23.84p5)
- K05G00G 2005 GG (arc=3 opp, H=16.0 ~2.14 km, q=0.694 AU) from La Fecha Obs. (Feb. 22.81-85p4)
- K05E70K 2005 EK70 (arc=4 opp, H=17.4 ~1.12 km) from La Fecha Obs. (Feb. 23.08-10p3)
- H0891 170891 2004 TY16 from La Fecha Obs. (Feb. 23.02-05p3)
Observers on 24 February '08
Seven observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|251||Arecibo in Puerto Rico, 2 in radar -- 2005 EK70, 2002 TD66|
|151||Eschenberg Obs. in Switzerland, 2 in MPEC 2008-D28 -- 2008 CN1, 2006 DU62|
|H51||Greiner Research Obs. in Wisconsin, 2 in MPEC 2008-D28 -- 2008 CR116, 2008 CC6|
|J34||La Fecha Obs. in Spain, 4 in MPEC 2008-D28 -- 2008 CN1, 2005 GG, 2005 EK70, 170891|
|J40||Malaga Obs. in Spain, 2 in MPEC 2008-D28 -- 2008 CN1, 2008 CL1|
|E12||Siding Spring Survey in New South Wales, 1 in MPEC 2008-D28 -- 2008 CG119|
|A78||Stia Obs. in Italy, 2 in MPEC 2008-D28 -- 2008 CR116, 2008 CC6|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 24 February '08
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2354 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. See the CRT for activity in the last month and our ephemerides page for a list of objects under current observation.