Contents on 25 December '07
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days this year through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 25 December '07
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page is currently empty
The NEOCP is currently empty and hasn't been noted by The Tracking News as being active yet today (last checked at 2353 UTC).
New MPECs on 25 December '07
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2353 UTC, there has been one MPEC issued today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K07Y00Z 2007 YZ (arc=7 days, H=19.8 ~371m) from Petit Jean Mtn. South Obs. (PJMSO) (Dec. 24.36-37p8)
- Observations of other objects
- K07Y01X 2007 YX1 (Q=4.543 AU, arc=64 days, H=17.2 ~1.23 km) from Desert Moon Obs. (Dec. 24.12-14p3)
- K07X16H 2007 XH16 (arc=16 days, H=19.6 ~407m) from Montana Blanca Obs. (Dec. 24.80-81p5) and Andrew Lowe via RAS Obs. Mayhill (Dec. 25.07-08p4)
- K07VI4G 2007 VG184 (arc=43 days, H=17.3 ~1.17 km) from Desert Moon Obs. (Dec. 24.18p1)
- K07T15G 2007 TG15 (arc=78 days, H=19.6 ~407m) from Wildberg Obs. (Dec. 24.81-82p3)
- K07P11U 2007 PU11 (Q=4.384 AU, arc=3 opp, H=16.3 ~1.86 km) from AAAA Buenos Aires Obs. (Nov. 18.08-13p4)
- K05X01D 2005 XD1 (arc=2 opp, H=19.1 ~513m) from PJMSO (Dec. 24.30-31p6)
- K05W56J 2005 WJ56 (arc=3 opp, H=17.9 ~891m) from PJMSO (Dec. 24.40-41p6)
- K03B84H 2003 BH84 (arc=2 opp, H=16.9 ~1.41 km) from Wildberg Obs. (Dec. 24.85-86p5)
- J94A01W 1994 AW1 (arc=3 opp, H=17.5 ~1.07 km) from PJMSO (Dec. 24.41-42p6)
- H0502 170502 2003 WM7 from Wildberg Obs. (Dec. 24.73-77p6)
- F4347 154347 2002 XK4 from PJMSO (Dec. 24.43p5)
- F3591 153591 2001 SN263 from PJMSO (Dec. 24.32-35p5)
- 68359 68359 2001 OZ13 from PJMSO (Dec. 24.38-39p5)
- 54660 54660 2000 UJ1 from Desert Moon Obs. (Dec. 24.06-08p2)
- 01620 1620 Geographos (1951 RA) from PJMSO (Dec. 24.44-45p5)
Observers on 25 December '07
Six observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|834||AAAA Buenos Aires Obs. in Argentina, 1 in MPEC 2007-Y48 -- 2007 PU11|
|448||Desert Moon Obs. in New Mexico, 3 in MPEC 2007-Y48 -- 2007 YX1, 2007 VG184, 54660|
|J46||Montana Blanca Obs. in the Canary Islands, 1 in MPEC 2007-Y48 -- 2007 XH16|
|H45||Petit Jean Mtn. South Obs. (PJMSO) in Arkansas, 8 in MPEC 2007-Y48 -- 2007 YZ, 2005 XD1, 2005 WJ56, 1994 AW1, 68359, 154347, 153591, 1620|
|H066||Andrew Lowe in Alberta via RAS Obs. Mayhill in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2007-Y48 -- 2007 XH16|
|198||Wildberg Obs. in Germany, 3 in MPEC 2007-Y48 -- 2007 TG15, 2003 BH84, 170502|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 25 December '07
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2353 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. See the CRT for activity in the last month.
Chronology on 25 December '07
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1441||Grabbed MPEC 2007-Y48 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|