Contents on 23 December '07
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - the CRT page
- Earth's Busy Neighborhood Traffic Report
- Ephemerides for risk-rated and nearby objects
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days this year through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 23 December '07
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 2 listings: 1 new, 1 updated
When last checked at 2237 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's NEO discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had one new and one updated listing. Both of these were "one nighters."
To learn how observers use the NEOCP, see the Practical guide on how to observe NEOCP object by Birtwhistle et al. at Suno Observatory.
New MPECs on 23 December '07
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
As of last check at 2237 UTC, there has been one MPEC issued today from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of recently (no longer) risk-listed objects
- K07Y00Z 2007 YZ (arc=4 days, H=19.8 ~371m) from Stia Obs. (Dec. 21.84-86p4)
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K07W05D 2007 WD5 (Q=4.067 AU, arc=41 days, H=24.3 ~47m) from the Sloan Digital Sky Survey (SDSS) (Nov. 8.37p3)
- Observations of other objects
- K07Y00H 2007 YH (arc=6 days, H=20.0 ~339m) from Stia Obs. (Dec. 21.88-89p3)
- K07X16H 2007 XH16 (arc=14 days, H=19.5 ~426m) from Herne Obs. (Dec. 21.98p1 & 22.98-99p5) and Huelva Obs. (Dec. 22.81-83p5 & 22.91-92p4)
- K07W04U 2007 WU4 (arc=30 days, H=18.7 ~616m) from LINEAR (Dec. 16.27-31p3)
- K02X04Y 2002 XY4 (i=43.1°, arc=3 opp, H=19.0 ~537m) from Stia Obs. (Dec. 21.93-94p3)
- J98Y04M 1998 YM4 (arc=2 opp, H=19.6 ~407m) from Miyaki-Argenteus Obs. (Dec. 17.75-76p9, 18.67-68p4 & 19.61p3)
- 68063 68063 2000 YJ66 from Stia Obs. (Dec. 21.90-92p3)
Observers on 23 December '07
Six observing facilities appear in today's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|A18||Herne Obs. in Germany, 1 in MPEC 2007-Y42 -- 2007 XH16|
|J37||Huelva Obs. in Spain, 1 in MPEC 2007-Y42 -- 2007 XH16|
|704||LINEAR in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2007-Y42 -- 2007 WU4|
|D62||Miyaki-Argenteus Obs., 1 in MPEC 2007-Y42 -- 1998 YM4|
|645||Sloan Digital Sky Survey in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2007-Y42 -- 2007 WD5|
|A78||Stia Obs. in Italy, 4 in MPEC 2007-Y42 -- 2007 YZ, 2007 YH, 2002 XY4, 68063|
Impact Risk Monitoring on 23 December '07
At last check (NEODyS and JPL at 2237 UTC) there was no risk monitoring news to report yet today. See the CRT for activity in the last month.
Chronology on 23 December '07
Times are UTC for when items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1500||Grabbed MPEC 2007-Y42 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|