Contents on 27 October '07
- IAU Minor Planet Center
- Impact Risk Monitoring -- nothing to report
- Consolidated Risk Tables - CRT page
- Old & new CRT Archive
- Ephemerides for risk-rated objects
- Old News Archive & Small Objects Archive
Note: Due to travel, this Web site and its news pages will update less frequently and at sometimes irregular intervals during the rest of October and early November.
Navigation tips: Use the << and >> arrows on the menus for each regular section (Observers, Risks, etc.) to move to the previous and next day's news for that section. Use the Index menu item to access specific days this year through a calendar interface. And use the all-up news archive to access news from any time since A/CC began in early 2002. To keep track of what's new each day, watch the Chronology section.
NEOCP Activity on 27 October '07
The MPC's NEO Confirmation Page has 4 listings: 4 updated
When last checked at 2356 UTC today, the Minor Planet Center's NEO discovery Confirmation Page (NEOCP) had four updated listings.
New MPECs on 27 October '07
Minor Planet Electronic Circulars
There was one MPEC issued this day from the International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Observations of small asteroids (H>22.0)
- K07U06P 2007 UP6 (arc=4 days, H=22.6 ~102m) from the Mt. Lemmon Survey (MLS) (Oct. 26.34-36p3) and Tenagra II Obs. (Oct. 26.45-46p3)
- K07U06C 2007 UC6 (arc=2 days, H=23.1 ~81m) from Astronomical Research Obs. (ARO) (Oct. 22.17-18p4)
- Observations of other objects
- K07U03W 2007 UW3 (arc=7 days, H=19.5 ~426m) from MLS (Oct. 26.31-32p4) and Tenagra II Obs. (Oct. 26.45p3)
- K07U03V 2007 UV3 (q=0.285 AU, arc=7 days, H=19.3 ~467m) from Tenagra II Obs. (Oct. 26.46p3)
- K07P27V 2007 PV27 (arc=73 days, H=20.2 ~309m) from MLS (Oct. 26.12p4)
- K07D41A 2007 DA41 (arc=3 opp, H=17.6 ~1.02 km) from MLS (Oct. 26.28-31p4)
- G8044 168044 2005 SG from LINEAR (Oct. 24.25-30p5)
- D7084 137084 1998 XS16 from New Millennium Obs. (Oct. 21.76-81p9)
Observers on 27 October '07
Five observing facilities appeared in this day's MPEC.
|Code||Observer / observatory|
|H55||Astronomical Research Obs. in Illinois, 1 in MPEC 2007-U79 -- 2007 UC6|
|704||LINEAR in New Mexico, 1 in MPEC 2007-U79 -- 168044|
|G96||Mt. Lemmon Survey (MLS) in Arizona, 4 in MPEC 2007-U79 -- 2007 UW3, 2007 UP6, 2007 PV27, 2007 DA41|
|A24||New Millennium Obs. in Italy, 1 in MPEC 2007-U79 -- 137084|
|926||Tenagra II Obs. in Arizona, 3 in MPEC 2007-U79 -- 2007 UW3, 2007 UV3, 2007 UP6|
Chronology on 27 October '07
Times are UTC for when the items were noted or added by The Tracking News.
|1208||Grabbed MPEC 2007-U79 - Daily Orbit Update - see above|