341843 2008 EV5 links
[ Earth's Busy Neighborhood | The Tracking News | Object Links ]
- "Determining Asteroid Spin States Using Radar Speckles," NASA/JPL, Busch et al. - 6 Oct. 2011
Quote: "By tracking the speckles moving from the Pie Town to Los Alamos VLBA stations, we have
shown that 2008 EV5 rotates retrograde. This is the first speckle detection of a near-Earth asteroid."
- "Radar Observations and the Shape of Near-Earth Asteroid 2008 EV5" (abstract, PDF, HTML),
by Michael W. Busch, Steven J. Ostro, Lance A.M. Benner & ten others - 19 Jan. 2011
- "2008 EV5 Planning," JPL radar page - 9 Dec. 2010 - Reports that observations
suggest "this object is close to 400 m in diameter." Includes this statement:
"The 2008 EV5 Goldstone observations are dedicated to the memory of Steve Ostro,
who died early on the morning of December 15."
- "2008 EV5" - JPL Small-Body Database
- "2008EV5 Close Approaches" - NEODyS
8 Nov. 2012